Waimakariri District Council staff are prepared to conduct as much business as possible online for the coming month as the nation moves to alert level 4 as of tomorrow.
We encourage people to conduct business with us online or over the phone and will be posting regular updates on our website and social media channels regarding how we intend to maintain service levels within these new restrictions.
New Waimakariri local info page launched
The Council have published a page which will host all COVID19 related updates - waimakariri.govt.nz/covid19 - until the situation returns to normal.
This page is the best place for residents to find info on changes in levels of service in line with what alert level the country and District is at.
This page and the info on it will be promoted through social media, newspaper advertising and through mail drops in the coming weeks.
People looking for central government and health information should visit covid19.govt.nz.
What essential services are open? And what parts of the Council will be working remotely?
We recognise the Council is an enabler of local business so are committed to continuing to support local businesses, provide essential services and do as much as we can online.
What essential services will keep going:
- Stormwater and drainage
- Refuse and recycling. More detail re kerbside collection, refuse and recycling centres will be available tomorrow
- Community team/welfare support
- Pensioner housing
- Public toilet cleaning.
What non-essential services are customers able to lodge services requests with by phone or digitally?
- Customer Services and Customer Queries
- Building consent processing
- Resource consent processing
- Noise control
- Animal control.
How can you get in touch?
While Council buildings may be closed we are still here to help:
Worried about COVID-19 and unsure of where to go for help?
- There is a dedicated Healthline 0800 number for COVID-19 health advice and information - 0800 358 5453 or +64 9 358 5453 for international SIMS. This is supported by online at www.covid19.govt.nz
- Mental Health Crisis Line phone or text 7174 Available 24 hours
- Youthline 0800 376 633 or free text 234. Their website also has a web chat facility. – https://youthline.co.nz
- Healthline 0800 611 116.